The Appreciative Way Registration Policies
All registrations are made via the secure server at the registration website.
Payment may be made by Check or Credit Card.
If you select to pay by check a place will be reserved for you for five days from the time of the registration. Upon our receiving of your check you will be sent confirmation of your registration.
Credit Cards will be billed approximately three weeks prior to the start of the specific program for which you have registered. The charge will appear on your statement as originating from The Appreciative Way.
Upon registration you will receive an email confirmation. Please check spam boxes if you do not see your registration confirmation. If you have not received a registration confirmation email we have not received your registration.
In Person Workshops
In general our per person early registration tuition charges are based on an amount of $150 per 6 hour day.
This means that our typical 2 1/2 day Introduction to Appreciative Inquiry workshop costs $375
An additional fee is charged for commuter or residential accommodation for the use of the training facility.
Late registration fees of $50 are typically assigned within one month of a training program to cover the additional costs for notification of retreat centers within their one month pre-training time frame.
The Appreciative Leadership for Transformation costs an additional $200 over the above rates to cover the cost of the Executive Leadership assessments used in the training program.
Discounts and Group Rates
A discount (typically $50) may be provided through a sponsoring organization or a former student. Please check the individual registration page for details. If you have been referred by a former participant please use their name to claim the discount. You must claim this discount at the time of registration.
For most two part training weeks if you register for both programs you will receive a $50 discount.
Group rates are available for most programs except the Leadership for Managing Change Program.
If two people sign up for the same program at the same time each will receive a $75 tuition discount.
If 4 people sign up at the same time they will each receive a $100 tuition discount.
For more information or questions or setting up group discounts please contact Kim Voyle
Residential Accommodation Fees
Most of our training programs are held at retreat centers and provide accommodation for out of town participants. These costs are additional to the tuition. There is great variability in the accommodation costs from one retreat center to another. At this stage most facilities cost around a $110 per day to provide three meals, a single room, and for the use of the training room. Some facilities chareg extra for the training room.
Our tuition fees for each program remain the same at the differing locations we hold our training programs. Each facility charges us differently for commuter's meals, daily beverages and snacks, and the use of the training facility. Consequently a commuter fee is added to the registration.
Because we seek to develop a learning community during a training program we schedule and arrange meals for those times between training sessions. This will include lunches, and an evening meal if the program goes into an evening. The commuter rate includes the cost for these meals, daily beverage and snacks, and a portion of the training facility fee which is charged by the retreat center. These costs vary with the training facility. The actual prices will be found on the registration page for each event.
In general group teleconferences cost $25 per session. Our year long teleconferences in the Certificate in Appreciative Coaching and Certificate in Interim Ministry cost $1000, payable in two installments.
The Appreciative Way reserves the right to change and modify fees and policies at any time. The current policy is proposed for the years 2010-2011 but unforeseen circumstances may require charges to be changed. Specific policies may also vary depending on the hosting organization and the location. The most accurate information will be found on the specific program registration pages.
Please check the schedule and registration page for additional workshop specific information.
Our basic cancellation refund policy is to refund all fees to you except those portions that we have paid to third parties such as retreat centers, assessment services, credit card fees etc. for which we will not be reimbursed. All refunds will be made by check to the participant.
Single Day Commuter Programs
The complete registration fee, minus a 15% service fee, may be refunded up to seven days before the training event. Thereafter the registration fee will be forfeited.
Multi-Day Tuition Refunds
The tuition portion of your registration is completely refundable, minus a 5% service fee, up to the day of starting the program. Tuition fees can be transferred to an alternative program without penalty.
In general retreat centers require notification of occupancy a month before the program and charge a cancellation fee after that date.
Any commuter or accommodation fees will be assessed within one month of a program if the reservation is cancelled. Commuter or residential accommodation fees can not be transferred to other programs.
Programs with Assessments
For programs with assessments such as the Coaching Competent Leaders: Once you receive notification to complete an assessment you will be charged the assessment fee.
To request cancellation of a program please contact the Program Administrator Dr. Kim Voyle:
The Appreciative Way is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the American Psychological Association's Ethical Principles of Psychologists. The Appreciative Way will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Program Administrator, Dr. Kim Voyle, in consultation with the Director of Training Dr. Robert Voyle.
While The Appreciative Way goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of the Continuing Education program staff which require intervention and/or action on the part of the program staff. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
When a grievance arises at a continuing education program event grievances will be handled initially on an informal oral basis. If the issue is not satisfactorily resolved or is of such an egregious nature it will be handled in a formal written basis. When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
1. If the grievance arises during a continuing education program and concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, or the nature of the training facilities, the complainant is expected to discuss the situation with the speaker or the program coordinator immediately so the situation can be rectified in a timely manner to ensure the quality of the ongoing continuing education experience.
2. If the grievance arises during a continuing education program and concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation or the nature of the training facilities, and the complainant is unable or unwilling to speak directly to the speaker or the program coordinator the complainant is asked to put their comments in written format and send them to the Continuing Education Program Administrator, Dr. Kim Voyle, 24965 NW Pederson Rd. Hillsboro, OR 97124, or by email to Kim Voyle
3. If the grievance concerns a registration issue or following a continuing education event, such as not receiving credit the complainant is expected to promptly raise the issue with the Continuing Education Program Administrator, Dr. Kim Voyle either informally by telephone at 503 647 2382 or formally in writing to 24965 NW Pederson Rd. Hillsboro, OR 97124, or by email to Kim Voyle to resolve the issue.
4. For all complaints; if the speaker, program coordinator, or Continuing Education Program Administrator is unable to resolve the complaint will be referred to the Director of The Appreciative Way, Dr. Robert Voyle for final arbitration:
Possible resolution outcomes may be:
- Communication with speaker for modification of the program content or presentation style.
- Change in future venues to afford better physical environments.
- Partial or full refund of tuition or alternative opportunity to participate in future alternative programs.
5. Complainants making formal written grievances will receive written notification, within one month of receipt of the complaint, of the steps taken and the final disposition.
6. All grievance records will be kept confidential and in secured files.