a Life of
Imagine a Life In Which You Can Say:
Yes! to God
Yes! to Your Neighbor
Yes! to Your Self
Yes!3 was developed to help you create that life.
Basic assumptions of Yes!3
"Before you tell your life what you intend to do with it,
listen for what it intends to do with you."
Rather than egotistically creating your own life, Yes!3 uses appreciative inquiry and conversation to help you awaken to the life-giving purpose that is already within you.
This is based on the following assumptions:
- We are made for a purpose.
- We have been fully equipped with gifts and talents to fulfill that purpose.
- We most closely manifest our purpose when we are at our best, being and doing those things that flow from the core of our being and bring deep satisfaction.
- Life and the abundant life that Jesus' promised comes from what we deeply and profoundly say yes to, for it is in what we say Yes! to that we manifest our God given purpose.
"The place God calls you is the place where your
deep gladness and the world's hunger meet."
The Basic Purposes of Yes!3
- To help people discern and manifest in the world their core purpose for being.
- To grow an appreciative culture within church communities.
"To create a better world we don't need better people,
we just need to help people to discover and be their best."
What About Self Denial
A popular misconception of the Christian life is that we can only say yes to God or our neighbor by an act of self denial in which we say no to ourselves. However such actions are spiritually and emotionally unsustainable. They are not ecological.
The self-denial that the Christian faith talks about is saying no to the transitory distractions that keep us from the fundamental purpose for which God created us.
A "no" or act of self-denial is only as valuable as
the "yes" to our core purpose that the "no" allows.
Learn more about Yes!3
Review the Yes!3 session format and outlines
Discover Your Purpose
We have extracted the Day of Discovery retreat session from the Yes!3 program to create a stand alone retreat day.
This program allows people to:
- Discover their Purpose without commiting to the entire 5 week program
- Gain a core understanding of living a life of passion
Read more about the Discover Your Purpose program
From the Authors
At its heart Yes!3 simply assumes and uses the belief that we are created by a loving God for a loving purpose. It is our hope and prayer that participants will discover that purpose and lovingly manifest it in the world in a way which is a blessing to others and themselves and evokes wonder and awe of the One who created it all.